Seed Product Quality Manager
Our client is an international company, one of the world's leaders in agriculture, announces a competition for the vacant position of «Seed Product Quality Manager».
- Partner closely with EME Corn Quality Manager to handle seed batches release decisions, with focus on (but not limited to) non-EU markets and corn /sunflower crops expansion areas (e.g. short stature corn): collect and review quality data to enable commercial, trials and parental seed batches timely release and QRT decisions.
- Ensure quality enables PS delivering seeds products complying with non-EU regulatory requirements, business and customer expectations: propose seed quality specifications and inspection plans that factor-in these expectations and secure seed stewardship, compliance and EME seed business License to Operate (LTO), taking also into consideration possible alternate season seed productions outside of EME.
- Partner with EME Corn Supply and Planning Teams to 1) ensure Quality prioritization, as production territories expand in UA and Russia and sunflower business is launched in those territories and 2) ensure early reporting of quality-related shortage risk and work cross-functionally to identify solutions to secure availabilities.
- Team-up with EME Corn Quality Manager to provide quality data synthesis and trend analysis, enabling proactive process improvements securing quality within production and other PS functions.
- Work closely with the Operational Excellence team and QT in the control and the validation of quality data.
- Work closely with Trade and Compliance to identify specific quality requirement gaps and regulation evolution related to seed quality (with focus on non-EU countries).
- Prepare the quality classification of corn batches to handle the QRT decisions and give visibility on the quality of the inventory. Prepare and lead the commercial and experimental seed QRT reviews.
- Follow up and improve timing to release taking into consideration the lab lead-times and the official approvals.
- Provide data and processes analysis to highlight potential quality concerns and provide creative inputs in process improvements.
- Provide suggestions to improve reporting tools and quality dashboards.
- Provide support to phytosanitary requirements management.
- Prepare the annual review of quality specifications and inspection plans for crops in non-EU countries, taking into consideration new regulations, complaints analysis, customer feedback, new traits’ introduction. Propose enhancements securing seed stewardship, compliance and EME LTO and improving customer experience
- Support root cause analysis of quality-related corn seed issues, corrective / preventive actions to improve customer satisfaction. participate to product quality complaint’s investigations.
- Interact with Supply Chain leadership and customers to understand corn quality analysis objectives and define quality thresholds and priorities.
- Support the EME Row Crop Seed Quality Lead in establishing strategic directions and proactive approaches to improve seed quality.
- Apply Safety and ISO 9001 rules.
- Official employment, social guarantees according to the legislation of Ukraine.
- Schedule: five-day working week, from 9 a. m. to 6 p. m.
- Medical and life insurance.
- Company car.
- Free lunches.
- Ability to partially work in Kyiv and in the company's office - Popilnyansky district, Zhytomyr region.
- Competitive salary. Company ready to consider the wishes of candidates.
- Master’s (M.Sc.) or Bachelor’s (B.Sc.) degree.
- 3+ years experience in seed.
- English — Upper Intermediate level (spoken and written).
- Statistical analysis skills – knowledge of Spotfire tool/ LEAN practice.
- Green belt certificate is a plus.
- Demonstrated capabilities in leading cross-function group to propose quality enhancements.
- Organization, Autonomy, Integrity, Results orientation, Agility.
Please, pay attention that by sending your CV to address of ZEST Outsourcing, you give your consent for processing the personal data, given by you with the purpose of recruiting, and providing the personal data for companies and organizations that are customers of the ZEST Outsourcing company.